Positive Behaviour Support with Kudos
When you work with Kudos, we become part of your team and you become part of ours. No matter where you are today and where you want to go tomorrow, our friendly and experienced team is on your team and we’re here to help.
Positive Behaviour Support is a family-led intervention based on human rights, empowerment and building a valued place within the community. Our behaviour support practitioners work with you to ensure everyone feels supported during the process.
If your child or young person has funding for PBS (Improved Relationships) in their NDIS plan, we can walk alongside you and your family. We can help by exploring why these behaviours are happening and ways to do things differently for your child or young person, and you as their support people. Helping reduce behaviours of concern is important because it can increase quality of life and help keep your child or young person safe. We may help you work on effective communication strategies for your child or young person or provide help to work towards life goals. With your guidance, we support you to implement new ways to learn skills and strategies to help with difficulties your child or young person may be experiencing.
Every child and young person we work with has a program tailored to their unique needs. We meet you wherever works best for you – home, school or even the park. Our team also includes developmental educators, speech therapists, occupational therapists and other specialists who work together closely to support you when needed.
OUR APPROACH: 5 STAGES OF A PBS PLAN
- Contact Kudos Services to work with your family
- Your PBS practitioner will visit you and your child or young person to discuss goals and how we can help.
- Together, we write an Interim Behaviour Support Plan. This plan works on quick, simple ideas, such as using words or pictures to communicate needs.
- Then we use assessments and observation to learn about the behaviours of concern. Together, we write a Comprehensive Behaviour Support Plan, including detailed information on why we think the behaviour is happening and how we can help.
- Together, we implement these ideas in your home and community.
To speak with us about Positive Behaviour Support or any other therapy services, please contact us today.
Our Therapy Services