Positive Behaviour Support with Kudos
When you work with Kudos, we become part of your team and you become part of ours. No matter where you are today and where you want to go tomorrow, our friendly and experienced team is on your team and we’re here to help.
Positive Behaviour Support is a family-led intervention based on human rights, empowerment and building a valued place within the community. Our behaviour support practitioners work with you to ensure everyone feels supported during the process.
If your child, young person or adult family relative has funding for PBS (Improved Relationships) in their NDIS plan, we can walk alongside you and your family. We can help by exploring why these behaviours are happening and ways to do things differently for them, and you as their support people. Helping reduce behaviours of concern is important because it can increase quality of life and help keep them safe. We may help you work on effective communication strategies or provide help to work towards life goals. With your guidance, we support you to implement new ways to learn skills and strategies to help with difficulties your loved one may be experiencing.
Every child, young person and adult we work with has a program tailored to their unique needs. We meet you wherever works best for you – home, school or even the park. Our team also includes developmental educators, speech therapists, occupational therapists and other specialists who work together closely to support you when needed.
OUR APPROACH: 5 STAGES OF A PBS PLAN
- Contact Kudos Services to work with your family
- Your PBS practitioner will visit you and your loved one to discuss goals and how we can help.
- Together, we write an Interim Positive Behaviour Support Plan. This plan works on quick, simple ideas, such as using words or pictures to communicate needs.
- Then we use assessments and observation to learn about the behaviours of concern. Together, we write a Comprehensive Positive Behaviour Support Plan, including detailed information on why we think the behaviour is happening and how we can help.
- Together, we implement these ideas in your home and community.
Get in touch to find out more about our specialist services or to book an appointment with one of our friendly therapists. Please contact us here or send an email to [email protected]. If you would like to see availability for Positive Behaviour Support you can access our live availability dashboard here. It shows all services across all areas. If we don’t currently have availability in your area you can share your details and we’ll contact you when there is availability.
To speak with us about Positive Behaviour Support or any other therapy services in Adelaide Metro or Regional SA, please contact us today.
Our Therapy Services